We will be closing our Produce CSA to any new 8- and 12-week applications effective this week. We will still accept a few more 18-week applications over the next few weeks but then that will end as well. We will consider some rare exceptions such as a letter from your doctor, a waiver signed by the Governor, and, of course, applications with gold coins or jewelry attached. We all have our price.
We are now taking orders for the March Take Away dinners which start next week. A NEW SYSTEM has been put into place. Below are the dinner descriptions and then the ordering information.
March 5th and 6th, Senegalese
Chilled Bissap Drink (hibiscus and orange blossom)
Stewed white fish
Eggplant, sweet potato, bell pepper, plantain
Dessert- malva cake
March 12th & 13th, Irish
Mustard glazed carrots
herbed marble potatoes
Dessert- Guinness chocolate cake trifle
March 19 & 20th, Carolina Lexington BBQ
Macaroni and cheese
Smoked pulled pork
Dessert-salted caramel apple pie bars
The dinners are for a family of four (2 adults and 2 children). No substitutions or changes. Please select Friday or Saturday for pick up day
pick up begins at 11am and ends at 4:30.
$59.95 + tax; Dessert price $13.95 + tax.
you will be prompted to add your dessert on once you select the date.
Club selection saves you 10%, you must purchase all three dinners with dessert for a deal of $199.53.
Link for purchasing meals:
We are testing out our new ordering system this month in hopes to find a more efficient and streamlined method for receiving orders and communicating to you. This system works as a ticketing method wherein you will select the meals you wish to purchase and simultaneously pay for them on the platform with your credit or debit card.
We encourage everyone to use the new system as to help us determine if it is the best way to move forward in the future months. It is user friendly and we have provided steps below to guide you. All of the information given to the site is protected, encrypted and secure. The Buffalo Jump has used this system in the past for the tasting menu dinners and found it very useful, we hope you do as well.
· Copy and paste the following URL or find the Buffalo Jump on the Explore Tock website: https://www.exploretock.com/thebuffalojump/
· Once you arrive at our business page, scroll down to either the MARCH Club event or one of the three individual dinner selections.
· Click book now
· One ticket = dinner for 4 (our usual sized meal)
· Select your date the Friday or Saturday of that week of the menu.
· Scroll down and select 11am (59.95x1) or if club 199.53x1)
· Select whether you want to add the dessert
· Continue with payment and card input.
· You will receive a confirmation email of purchase as well as a reminder the morning of pick-up.
· If you received the automated confirmation email and reminder, we will have a list with your name on the day of your pick up, there is NO NEED TO PRINT confirmation or ticket.
· If you did not receive either of these, then you did NOT complete your purchase and must return to the site and do so. If you are unsure, you can email email@example.com to check.
· If you have any problems with the interface or need to change a dinner you have purchased you need to email Laura firstname.lastname@example.org, please do not call or email farm with site directed issues or problems.
· If you wish to give feedback on the experience you can email the farm and the buffalo Jump.
This is all cutting edge to me. One week it is Tofu; the next week it is online ordering. When does this all stop? When do we just go to the restaurant and hand the Maître-de a Jackson? What; they’re also changing the portrait on the $20 bill! Where’s my typewriter; this needs a letter.